- Rumours have it that Premier League clubs are going to set up once again the Premier League Standing Committee. The PLSC had been disbanded three years ago when two clubs walked out of the committee following the decision taken by the other clubs to have only two foreigners per club.
- Only one Premier League player was suspended by the MFA Disciplinary Commissioner. This is Tarxien's Julio Azzopardi who will therefore miss the direct clash against Xghajra. Although Richard Buhagiar expressed his wish to leave Floriana after that lately he had been relegated to the reserves' bench, following a meeting with the club he was denied the release.
- In an interview with UK paper 'The Mail on Sunday', former Floriana manager Ron Fenton alleged that there exists corruption in local football. He was quoted as saying that football in Malta is 'rubbish' and full of illegal bettings. One should say that Fenton is not new to corruption since he is accused of corruption in the transfer of Stan Collymore in 1992 from Southend to Nottm Forest. At that time, Fenton was employed with Nottingham Forest.
Sun 26 <
- b>Premier League Sliema W. vs Tarxien R. 6-0, Naxxar L. vs Valletta 0-2
- Division 2 Pembroke A. vs Zebbug R. 2-3, Sta. Venera L. vs San Gwann 1-0
- Division 3 Fgura U. vs Kirkop U. 1-2, Luqa SA vs Sirens 0-3
- Gozo - GFA Cup Final Xaghra U. vs Victoria H. 1-0
- Gozo - Division 1 Knock Out Final Sannat L. vs Kercem A. 1-0 (golden goal)
- Youth League Xghajra Tornadoes, after suffering several heavy defeats such as 16-0 (vs Floriana), 14-0, 10-0, etc suffered another heavy defeat with an astonishing score, 0-20 against Hibernians.
- Premier League Xghajra T. vs Pieta` H. 1-0, Hamrun S. vs Floriana 1-7
- Division 3 Attard vs Mgarr U. 1-0, Melita vs Ta' Xbiex 2-0
- Women's League - Division 1 Melita vs Hamrun S., Hibernians vs B'Kara
- Women's League - Division 2 Raiders vs St. Andrews
- Gozo - Division 2 Oratory Y. vs Gharb R. 4-0, St. Lawrence S. vs Marsalforn SP 2-1
- Hamrun's protest regarding the match versus Hibernians was not upheld, that is, the result (1-2) is to stand.
- Premier League B'Kara vs Hibernians
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended three Premier League players: Joe Brincat (Floriana), David Carabott (Hibs) and Louis Azzopardi (Pieta`) for one match each.
- Hamrun Spartans filed a protest against the result of Saturday's match against Hibernians. The Spartans stated that Hamrun made use of an ineligible player - Fadel Ben Ammar because he was registered twice by the Paolites. One hads to mention that the Libyan player signed for the Paolites back in August but he was then released after that they signed Mark Walley and Kevin Noteman. After that Walley suffered from a serious injury, Hibernians released Walley, signing Ben Ammar once again.
- Premier League Tarxien R. vs Birkirkara 0-1, Floriana vs Valletta 1-1
- Division 2 Sta. Lucia vs Gudja U. 2-0, Gozo FC vs Mqabba 1-0
- Division 3 Zejtun C. vs Gharghur 1-0, Birzebbuga SP vs Senglea A. 2-3
- Gozo - Division 2 Knock Out Final Zebbug R. vs Oratory Y. 2-0
- Premier League Xghajra T. vs Naxxar L. 2-8, Hibernians vs Hamrun S. 2-1
- Division 2 Marsaxlokk vs Ghaxaq 1-1, St. Andrews vs Gzira U. 0-0
- Women's League - Division 1 Mosta vs Gozo 3-0, Rabat Ajax vs Lija A. 1-0
- Women's League - Division 2 Qormi vs Mellieha 1-0
- B'Kara's Ivan Zammit will undergo an operation in his ankle which will leave him out for about 6 weeks.
- Premier League Sliema W. vs Pieta` H. 3-2
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended Rabat midfielder Joseph Farrugia for 2 matches. Other players who were suspended for one match in the First Division include Nikolai Dragiev (Dingli) and Lija defenders Patrick Fenech and Jason Cachia. No Premier League players were suspended.
- Premier League Floriana vs B'Kara 0-0, Valletta vs Hamrun S. 2-1
- Floriana's Joe Brincat was voted as Player of the month for the month of September.
- Division 1 Zurrieq vs Lija A. 4-1, Dingli S. vs Rabat Ajax 1-2
- Division 2 Vittoriosa S. vs San Gwann 1-0, Qormi vs Zebbug R. 2-1
- Division 3 Msida SJ vs Sirens 5-0, Balzan Y. vs Kirkop U. 2-1
- Gozo - GFA Cup Semi Finals Xaghra U. vs Xewkija T. 0-0 (4-3 after penalty shoot-out), Victoria H. vs Nadur Y. 1-0 (golden goal)
- Malta suffered a 0-5 defeat against Yugoslavia. The latter dominated the first half with three goals by Milosevic, Mihailovic and Savicevic. The Maltese found it very difficult to move forward. However in the second half, with the inclusion of Turner and Busuttil, they improved having a number of shots at goal. But the Slavs scored another two goals by Mijatovic and Jugovic for a final 5-0 score.
- Gozo - Division 1 Knock Out SK Victoria W. vs Kercem A. 1-4
- Malta's Under 21 side was defeated 0-6 in Ta' Qali by Yugoslavia. The Maltese were no match for the mighty Yugoslavs. Three goals between the 6th and 15th gave them a 3-0 lead. In the second half, they added another three in the 57th, 74th and 86th.
- Hamrun coach Lolly Aquilina informed club president that he had decided not to continue coaching the Spartans. He will probably be substituted by Orazio Sorbello.
- Carmel Busuttil accepted Josip Ilic's offer to join the national squad and will be included for the match against Yugoslavia. These are the 18 players: Reuben Debono (Naxxar) u Mario Muscat (Hibs), Lawrence Attard (Hibs) Jeffrey Chetcuti (Valletta), Darren Debono (Valletta), Stefan Giglio (Valletta), Silvio Vella (Hibs), Brian Said (Floriana), David Carabott (Hibs), Antoine Zahra (B'Kara), Joe Brincat (Floriana) David Camilleri (Hamrun) Noel Turner (Sliema Wds),
Richard Buhagiar (Floriana) u Carmel Busuttil (Sliema Wds), Hubert Suda (Valletta), Gilbert Agius (Valletta), Stefan Sultana (Hamrun)
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended three Premier players: Alan Mifsud (Hibs), Joe Camilleri (Valletta) and Jason Galea (Naxxar). Two First Division players were also suspended: Stephen Calleja (St. George's) and Gottard Conti (Mellieha).
- Big crisis in Hamrun camp - Coach Lolly Aquilina offered his resignation to the club which however were not accepted. The reason for which he did not even attend the training sessions is the arrogance of certain players. In the mean time, their Italian foreigner, Orazio Sorbello returned back in Malta to play once again with the Spartans. If Aquilina persists on his decision, Sorbello can be a possible successor. Currently they are trained by assistant coach, Patrick Curmi. According to local daily, In-Nazzjon, the second foreigner could be former Italian international player Giuseppe Galderisi.
- The Women's League will kick-off on the 18th September at the Infetti Ground in B'Kara. Matches will be played on Saturday afternoons and on public holidays. The first fixtures are: Division 1 - Mosta vs Gozo, Rabat vs Lija, Melita vs Hamrun, Hibs vs B'Kara Division 2 - Qormi vs Mellieha, Planets vs Floriana, Raiders vs St. Andrews Luxol Paul Sixmith was included in the 21-man-squad as called by Malta national coach Josip Ilic. Hibs' Lawrence Attard and David Carabott together with Valletta's Nicky Saliba were also included.
- Premier League Hamrun S. vs Tarxien R. 0-0, B'Kara vs Pieta` H. 3-2
- Division 1 St. George's vs Siggiewi 3-3, Marsa vs Mosta 1-1
- Div. 2/3 Knock Out Ta' Xbiex vs Mqabba 1-1, Gozo vs Sta. Lucia 0-1, Luqa SA vs Pembroke A. 2-2, Fgura U. vs Sta. Venera L. 0-1
- Gozo - Division 2 Knock Out Marsalforn SP vs Oratory Y. 1-4, Zebbug R. vs St. Lawrence S. 0-5
- Premier League Sliema W. vs Xghajra T. 4-1, Floriana vs Naxxar L. 5-1
- Division 1 Zurrieq vs Mellieha 4-1, St. Patrick vs Dingli S. 1-0
- Division 2/3 Knock Out Zejtun C. vs Birzebbuga SP 2-0, Ghaxaq vs Gzira U. 1-2
- Gozo - Division 1 Knock Out Sannat L. vs Qala SJ 0-0 (5-3 after pen shoot-out)
- Hamrun Spartans transferred Pavel Alexandru to Gozitan Premier side Nadur Youngsters.
- Premier League Valletta vs Hibernians 1-0
- First Division player Charles Calafato (St. George's) was suspended for two matches by the MFA Disciplinary Commissioner.