- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended John Buttigieg (Floriana) for 3 matches and the following players for one match: Kevin Farrugia (Pietà), Andy Eminyan (Birkirkara), Luke Dimech (Sliema), Michael Spiteri and David Carabott (both Hibernians).
- The Women's League will kick-off on the 19th October. Matches will be played on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Infetti Ground, Birkirkara. Division 1 will consist of 8 teams and the fixtures are: Mellieha vs Floriana, Rabat Ajax vs Raiders, Hibernians vs Melita and Mosta vs Birkirkara. Five teams will take part in Division 2. These are The Racoons, Qormi, St. Andrews Luxol, Luqa St. Andrew's and Hamrun S.
- GFA Cup Xaghra U. vs SK Victoria W. 1-0
- John Buttigieg started training with the national team and will probably form part of the squad which will face Croatia and Ireland on the 10th and 14th October respectively. Roger Walker has not been included so far.
- Premier League Valletta vs Hibernians 1-0
- Premier League Pietà H. vs St. Patrick 1-1, Floriana vs Sliema W. 1-1
- Division 1 Gozo vs Lija A. 5-1, Tarxien R. vs Zurrieq 1-2, St. Andrews vs Xghajra T. 3-1
- Div. 2/3 Knock-Out Marsaxlokk vs Gudja U. 2-2, Sta. Lucia vs Msida SJ 0-1, Melita vs Zejtun C. 4-2, Gzira U. vs St. George's 3-1
- Premier League Naxxar L. vs Hamrun S. 1-1, Rabat vs Birkirkara 3-5
- Division 1 Marsa vs Mellieha, Siggiewi vs Mosta 2-0
- Div. 2/3 Knock-Out Pembroke A. vs Luqa SA 1-0, Sta. Venera L. vs Gharghur 1-1
- Gozo - GFA Cup Xaghra U. vs Kercem A. 2-1
- The UEFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended Stefan Giglio and Jonathan Holland for three and one match respectively after that they were sent off in the Under 21 match against Macedonia.
- Gozo - GFA Cup Sannat L. vs Victoria H. 1-0 (golden goal)
- Following the intervention of National Team Manager, Norman Darmanin Demajo, two players returned with the national squad and another joined it for the first time. Veterans John Buttigieg (Floriana) and Michael Spiteri (Hibs) were called back while former Englishman Roger Walker was called for the first time after becoming a Maltese citizen.
- Premier League Hamrun S. vs Birkirkara 0-3, Sliema W. vs Valletta 1-3
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended the following players: Richard Buhagiar (Floriana), Keith Fenech and Adrian Mifsud (both Rabat) and Jeffrey Chetcuti (Valletta) for one match each.
- The top two clubs in women's football, Rabat Ajax and Lija Athletic are facing problems after that most of their players have left the respective clubs. The problems for the latter are so serious, that the team will probably not take part in the First Division League. As regards Rabat, the team will be severely weakened but will still participate. One has to note that female players, unlike males have almost no restrictions on transfers. In fact after three years, a female player is free to leave a club and join another one of her choice. In this the former club has no say. Although a number of clubs have protested with the MFA regarding these regulations and asked for new regulations, their request was turned down. It seems that the club which will benefit most from the problems of the top clubs is Hibernians as they have signed a number of top players from these clubs. If Lija does not take part, they will probably be replaced by Mellieha, who finished third in Division 2. This could mean that only 4 clubs will take part in Division 2
- Div. 2/3 Knock-Out Balzan Y. vs Mqabba 1-3, Attard vs Vittoriosa S. 5-2, Kirkop U. vs Qormi 1-4, San Gwann vs Birzebbuga SP 1-1, Gharghur vs Senglea A. 1-1
- Gozo - Independence Cup Sannat L. vs Xaghra U. 3-1
- Premier League St. Patrick vs Hibernians 0-6, Rabat A. vs Valletta 1-7
- Division 1 St. Andrews vs Gozo 0-2, Zurrieq vs Marsa 3-0
- Division 2/3 Knock-Out Melita vs Ghaxaq 2-1, Zejtun C. vs Zebbug R. 0-1, Sirens vs St. George's 0-0, Ta' Xbiex vs Gzira U. 0-10
- Premier League Sliema W. vs Naxxar L. 1-2, Hamrun S. vs Pietà H. 0-4
- Division 1 Mellieha vs Mosta 2-1, Lija A. vs Siggiewi 2-1
- Division 2/3 Knock-Out Msida SJ vs Dingli S. 1-3, Gudja U. vs Mgarr U. 1-0
- Premier League Birkirkara vs Floriana 2-2
- News from the MFA Council Meeting: Norman Darmanin Demajo was appointed as manager of all the national teams ('A' team, Under 21, Under 18 and Under 16). The foundation stone of the Centenary Stadium will be laid on the 11th October. Works on the National Stadium East Side will start in June 1999 and are expected to be ready by December 2000.
- Carmel Busuttil was voted as the Rothmans Player of the Month for August 1998.
- Gozo - Div. 1/2 Knock Out Ghajnsielem vs Qala SJ 7-0
- Following an Extraordinary General Meeting, Hamrun Spartans decided to sell Stefan Sultana in order to solve some of the problems which the club is facing. The club has been banned by the MFA from signing new players because of of the debts of thousands of Maltese Liri which Hamrun have.
- Gozo - Div. 1/2 Knock Out Zebbug R. vs Oratory Y. 2-3
- Birkirkara midfielder Ivan Zammit accepted the call to join the National team. On the other hand, John Buttigieg (FLO), Michael Spiteri and Roger Walker (HIB) has not yet accepted.
- Gozo - Div. 1/2 Knock Out SK Victoria W. vs St. Lawrence S. 0-3
- Three new players could form part of the Maltese national squad which will face Croatia in mid-October. These are Floriana defender John Buttigieg, Birkirkara midfielder Ivan Zammit and Hibs' English midfielder Roger Walker. Walker is now a Maltese citizen and is therefore eligible to play for the national team.
- Premier League Pietà H. vs Sliema W. 0-2, Hibernians vs Hamrun S. 5-0
- Division 1 Mosta vs Zurrieq 0-0, Marsa vs Xghajra T. 0-1, Gozo vs Tarxien R. 3-1
- Div. 2/3 Knock-Out Birzebbuga SP vs Attard 1-2, Gzira U. vs Sirens 6-1, Luqa SA vs Fgura U. 1-3
- Gozo - Div. 1/2 Knock Out Gharb R. vs Kercem A. 0-1
- Premier League Floriana vs Rabat A. 5-1, Naxxar L. vs Birkirkara 2-1
- Division 1 Siggiewi vs Mellieha 2-0, St. Andrews vs Lija A. 3-3
- Div. 2/3 Knock-Out Vittoriosa S. vs San Gwann 1-2, St. George's vs Ta' Xbiex 4-0
- Gozo - Div 1/2 Knock-Out Marsalforn SP vs SK Victoria W. 0-3, Munxar F. vs Zebbug R. 0-5
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended Hibs midfielder Roger Walker for one match.
- Premier League Valletta vs St. Patrick 5-0, Sliema W. vs Hibernians 3-1
- Div. 2/3 Knock Out Zebbug R. vs Melita 1-1, Qormi vs Balzan Y. 3-0, Ghaxaq vs Zejtun C. 4-0, Mqabba vs Kirkop U. 2-0
- GFA Cup SK Victoria W. vs Nadur Y. 1-0, Ghajnsielem vs Xewkija T. 1-0
- EURO 2000 Qualifying Round Group 8 Macedonia vs Malta 4-0
- Under 21 European Championships Macedonia vs Malta 1-0
- The following players were chosen by National coaches Josip Ilic and Ray Farrugia for the national 'A' squad and the Under 21 side respectively, for tomorrow's clashes against Macedonia. Malta 'A': Chetcuti, Debono, Agius (Valletta); Muscat, Carabott (Hibs); Bencini, Magri Overend, Brincat, Zahra (Birkirkara); Said (Floriana); Sixsmith (Naxxar); Barry, Busuttil, Sant Fournier, Turner, Suda (Sliema); Camilleri, Sultana (Hamrun). Ernest Barry replaced Reggie Cini since the Valletta goalie felt sick. Under 21: Darmanin, Aqulina, Azzopardi, Licari, Galea (Pieta`), Camilleri, Camenzuli, Holland (Floriana); Bonnici, Grima, Dimech, Mifsud (Sliema); Mamo (Tarxien); Scicluna (St. Patrick); Giglio (Valletta); Ciantar (Hibs); Debono (St. Andrews); Galea (Birkirkara).
- Friendly Match Germany vs Romania 1-1. Romania, definitely the better side throughout the 90 minutes, took a first half lead through Viorel Moldovan with a penalty in the 35th. In the second half, the Germans pressed hard for the equaliser and finally in the 86th, Christian Nerlinger made it 1-1 in the 86th.
- Former Sliema striker Pavel Mraz is expected to appear in front of the UEFA Tribunal in October in connection of the bribery allegations made by Hungarian club Diogsyor.
- Friendly International Malta vs Germany 1-2
- The MFA Protests' Board turned down the protest made by St. Patrick against the result of the match against Sliema regarding the alleged ineligibility of Sliema's Uwa Ogbodo.
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended the following players: Michael Cutajar (Birkirkara) - 4 matches; Joe Brincat (Birkirkara), Clive Mizzi and Louis Azzopardi (both Pietà), Simon Zerafa (St. Patrick) - 1 match.
- GFA Cup Ghajnsielem vs Qala SJ 6-1