- Premier League Hamrun S. vs Sliema W. 1-2, Hibernians vs Birkirkara 1-1
- Division 1 Tarxien R. vs Xghajra T. 2-0, Mosta vs Siggiewi 2-2
- Division 2 Zebbug R. vs Dingli S. 0-0, Marsaxlokk vs Pembroke A. 2-1
- Division 3 Gudja U. vs Fgura U. 1-2, Msida SJ vs Luqa SA 0-1
- Gozo - Premier Sannat L. vs Xaghra U. 1-1, Xewkija T. vs Nadur Y. 0-3
- Premier League Naxxar L. vs Valletta 0-3, Pietà H. vs Rabat A. 1-1
- Division 3 Gharghur vs Kirkop U. 0-1, Senglea A. vs Balzan Y. 1-3
- Gozo - Division 1 Ghajnsielem vs SK Victoria W. 2-2, Kercem A. vs Qala SJ 1-0
- National coaches Josif Ilic and Ray 'Zazu' Farrugia named the National 'A' and Under 21 squads for the friedly matches against Moldova on the 9th and 10th March. 'A' squad: Barry, Busuttil, Turner (Sliema); Debono, Sixsmith (Naxxar); Muscat, Spiteri, Vella, Carabott, Sultana (Hibs); Bencini, Brincat, Cutajar, Nwoko (B'Kara); Buttigieg, Said, Buhagiar (Floriana); Camilleri (Hamrun); Saliba, Agius (Valletta) and Mifsud (Rabat). Under 21: Camilleri, Mamo (Tarxien); Darmanin, L. Azzopardi, Galea, Licari (Pietà); Satariano, Debono (St. Andrews); E. Azzopardi (Rabat); Camenzuli, Holland, Mattocks (Floriana); Dimech, Grima, Mifsud (Sliema); Scicluna, Pulis (St. Patrick); Xuereb, Ciantar (Hibs); Zahra, Galea (B'Kara); Giglio (Valletta); Bellia (Naxxar).
- MFA President Dr Joe Mifsud accepted to attend a meeting of the Premier League Standing Committee this weekend after that the Premier clubs expressed their wishes not to have a reform in the Premier League before season 2000/01 during a lenghty discussion in the MFA Council Meeting.
- Women's league - Division 1 Birkirkara vs Raiders
- Malta is still in the 123rd place in the FIFA World Ranking published yesterday. This placing follows the win against Bosnia Herzegovina and the two defeats against Poland and Yugoslavia.
- Birkirkara were fined Lm1500 by the Malta Football Association following the seat-throwing incidents that took place during last month's clash between Sliema and Birkirkara. They were accused of damaging 124 seats and throwing several broken seats onto persons sitting in the VIP area, among other misconduct of their supporters.
- Women's League - Division 2 St. Andrews vs Racoons 2-2
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended the following players for one match: Michael Mifsud (Sliema), Alan Mifsud (Hibernians) and Massimo Schembri (Pietà).
- A 13-year-old Pietà Hotspurs player, Cleaven Frendo will sign this week for Italian Serie B club Torino. The player was followed by scouts of other Italian clubs including Juventus.
- Twenty players were selected to form part of the Malta squad for next week’s UEFA Under 16 Mini-Tournament in Gozo. Scotland and Spain will take part in the tournament, together with Malta.
- Women's League - Division 1 Hibernians vs Mellieha 3-1
- Premier League Hibernians vs Rabat A. 2-1, Valletta vs Sliema W. 4-0
- Division 1 Mosta vs Mellieha 3-0, Marsa vs Zurrieq 1-2
- Division 2 Vittoriosa S. vs Ghaxaq 0-0, Gzira U. vs St. George's 1-0
- Division 3 Melita vs Gudja U. 3-1, Attard vs Ta' Xbiex 10-1
- Gozo - Premier Sannat L. vs Victoria H. 1-0, Xaghra U. vs Nadur Y. 2-2
- Premier League Pietà H. vs Floriana 1-2, St. Patrick vs Birkirkara 2-3
- Division 2 Sta. Venera L. vs Birzebbuga SP 2-2, Mqabba vs Qormi 0-4
- Gozo - Division 2 Oratory Y. vs Munxar F. 10-2, Gharb R. vs St. Lawrence S. 4-4
- Malta will be once again represented in the UEFA Intertoto Cup. The local club will take part in the First Round scheduled for mid-June.
- Women's League - Division 1 Mosta vs Melita 2-0
- Women's League - Division 2 Hamrun S. vs St. Andrews 0-6
- Rothmans Trophy Floriana vs St. Andrews 4-0, Lija A. vs Naxxar L. 1-3 after extra time
- The following players were suspended for one match each: John Buttigieg (Floriana), Jesmond Delia and Malcolm Licari (both Pietà), Fatos Daja (St.Patrick) and Ziya Yildiz (Rabat).
- Premier League Rabat A. vs St. Patrick 1-1
- Rothmans Trophy Siggiewi vs Pietà H. 1-3
- Women's League - Division 1 Qormi vs Birkirkara 0-12
- Premier League Birkirkara vs Hamrun S. 3-0, Floriana vs Hibernians 0-2
- Rothmans Trophy Zurrieq vs Marsa 2-0, Mosta vs Tarxien R. postponed
- Division 1 Gozo vs St. Andrews 1-1
- Division 2/3 Knock-Out Semi Finals Dingli S. vs Qormi 7-5 (after penalties), Gzira U. vs Melita 4-2
- Premier League Naxxar L. vs Pietà H. 1-1, Rabat A. vs St. Patrick postponed
- Division 3 Sirens vs San Gwann 2-1, Zejtun C. vs Msida SJ 3-3
- Gozo - Division 1 Zebbug R. vs Qala SJ 5-0, SK Victoria W. vs Kercem A. 2-1
- Malta's representatives in the new UEFA Regions Cup, Gozo FC has been placed in Group 5 together with representatives from Greece, Israel and Yugoslavia. The teams will be playing in a mini-tournament which will be held in Greece. This phase (eight groups of 4 teams each) is to be completed before the 1st July and the eight winners will qualify for a final tournament which should be staged in October.
- Women's League - Division 1 Hibernians vs Floriana 4-0
- EURO 2000 Qualifying Round Group 8 Malta vs Yugoslavia 0-3
- Friendly match Finland vs Poland 1-1. Goals by Kowalczyk 1' (P) and Johansson 28' (F)
- Women's League - Division 1 Birkirkara vs Mosta 3-1, Mellieha vs Raiders 3-0
- Women's League - Division 2 Racoons vs Luqa SA 1-0
- Gozo - Premier Nadur Y. vs Sannat L. 2-2, Xewkija T. vs Victoria H. 4-1
- Gozo - Division 2 St. Lawrence S. vs Oratory Y. 5-5
- Under 21 European Championship Group 8 Malta vs Yugoslavia 1-5. Despite going 1-0 ahead after just 4 minutes, Malta suffered a heavy 5-1 defeat to a very strong Yugoslavia. Antoine Zahra scored Malta's goal from a penalty.
- Women's League - Division 1 Melita vs Hibernians 0-1
- Division 1 Zurrieq vs Mosta 5-1, Siggiewi vs Lija A. 1-3
- Division 2 Sta. Lucia vs Dingli S. 1-1, Pembroke A. vs Mgarr U. 2-1
- Division 3 Luqa SA vs Senglea A. 1-0, Fgura U. vs Gharghur 3-1
- Friendly Match Hibernians vs Poland (national team) 0-1
- Division 1 Tarxien R. vs Gozo 1-1, Xghajra T. vs Marsa 2-0
- Division 2 Ghaxaq vs Gzira U. 0-3, Marsaxlokk vs Zebbug R. 1-2
- Gozo - Division 2 Marsalforn SP vs Munxar F. 0-4, Gharb R. vs Oratory Y. 1-0
- Pavel Mraz's appeal against the one-year suspension in European competitions was not upheld by UEFA. This will probably mean that the Valletta striker will be suspended for a period of time by the MFA.
- The Maltese squad which will face Yugoslavia next Wednesday will lack three players due to an injury. Joe Brincat will be undergoing a surgery while Silvio Vella and Jeffrey Chetcuti suffered injuries during the last two friendly matches against Bosnia and Poland respectively. The squad will be made up of Barry, Busuttil and Turner (Sliema); Muscat, Spiteri, Carabott, Sultana (Hibs); Buhagiar, Said, Buttigieg (Floriana); Sixsmith (Naxxar); Agius, Saliba (Valletta); Bencini, Cutajar, Nwoko (Birkirkara); Camilleri (Hamrun) and Mifsud (Rabat).
- Under 21 national coach Ray 'Zazu' Farrugia named the squad for next Tuesday's match against Yugoslavia. The players are: Camilleri, Mamo (Tarxien); Darmanin, Galea, Licari (Pietà); Azzopardi (Rabat); Camenzuli, Mallia (Floriana); Dimech, Grima, Mifsud (Sliema); Scicluna (St. Patrick); Xuereb, Ciantar (Hibernians); Giglio (Valletta); Zahra, Galea (Birkirkara).
- Women's League - Division 1 Raiders vs Qormi 1-1
- Clive Mizzi (Pietà) was voted as the Player of the Month for January 1999.
- Women's League - Division 2 Hamrun S. vs Racoons 0-6
- Friendly Match Malta vs Poland 0-1
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended the following players for one match: Velibor Matanovic (Birkirkara); Peter Ohaka and Kevin Sammut (both Hamrun); Dennis Cauchi and Adrian Mifsud (both Rabat); Massimo Grima (Sliema); Fabio Cauchi, Darren Vella and Jeffrey Zammit (St. Patrick); together with Karl Bonnici and Jeffrey Chetcuti (Valletta).
- MFA President Dr Joe Mifsud warned supporters that their clubs could lose points because of violent behaviour. This warning follows the seat-throwing incidents that took place during last Sunday's clash between Sliema and Birkirkara, which were the first serious incidents for several years. Mifsud urged clubs to report the names of such "criminal supporters" to the police for the necessary action to be taken. In the meantime, it is expected that Birkirkara will be heavily fined after that a small number of their supporters started throwing broken seats onto persons sitting in the VIP area.
- Women's League - Division 1 Floriana vs Mellieha 0-1