- Gozo - Independence Cup Qala SJ vs Xaghra U. 1-1
- Mosta Tournament St. Patrick vs Malta U/18 1-0
- Mosta Tournament Mosta vs Xghajra T. 0-3
- Premier League Gozo vs Naxxar L. 1-2, Sliema W. vs Zurrieq 5-0, Birkirkara vs Floriana 2-1
- Premier League Pietà H. vs Rabat A. 2-1, Hibernians vs Valletta 3-2
- Mosta Tournament St. Andrews vs Xghajra T. 1-1
- UEFA Cup - Qualifying Round Birkirkara vs Lyngby (DEN) 0-0, FC Zurich (SWI) vs Sliema W. 1-0
- Sirens Tournament Qormi vs Sirens 3-1
- Mosta Tournament Mosta vs St. Patrick 1-1
- Premier League Floriana vs Naxxar L. 2-0, Rabat A. vs Hibernians 0-3
- Mosta Tournament Malta Under 18 vs Xghajra T. 1-0
- Sirens Tournament Luqa SA vs Qormi 0-5
- EURO 2000 Qualifying Round Group 8 Croatia vs Malta 2-1
- Under 21 European Championships Group 8 Croatia vs Malta 1-0. Mark Anthony Bonnici was sent off in the 74th.
- Birkirkara sacked Yugoslav coach Vlado Pejovic after he did not give the demanded explanation for the unsuccessful performances in the Lowenbrau Cup and against Lyngby. He will be replaced by St. Patrick coach Atanas Marinov. It is understood that the sacking of Pejovic will cost the Stripes around Lm6,000-Lm8,000.
- Mosta Tournament Mosta vs St. Andrews 1-3
- Friendly Match Pietà H. vs Floriana 1-0. Goal by Tindaro Ullo.
- Sirens Tournament Sirens vs Luqa SA 0-4
- The Maltese national teams left Malta this night for Zagreb where next Saturday, Malta will face Croatia in EURO 2000 qualifiers and the Under 21 European Championship. The national 'A' squad consists of just 16 players after that three players had to drop out due to injuries. These are Michael Cutajar and Michael Spiteri (both of Birkirkara) and Richard Buhagiar (Floriana). Jeffrey Chetcuti, John Buttigieg, Noel Turner and Antoine Zahra had already been ruled out, the first two due to suspensions, the others due to injuries. Therefore the squad is now made up of: Barry, Busuttil, Camilleri (Sliema); Muscat, Carabott, Vella, Sultana (Hibs), Bencini, Brincat, Nwoko (Birkirkara); Debono, Saliba, Agius (Valletta); Said (Floriana); Okonkwo (Naxxar) and Mifsud (Rabat).
- Sirens Tournament Lija A. vs Qormi 3-0
- Mosta Tournament Xghajra T. vs St. Patrick 0-2
- Hamrun Spartans Tournament Hamrun S. vs Zurrieq 1-1 (5-3 after penalty shoot-out)
- The Gammari Muscat Mosta Tournament kicks off today. Five teams are taking part in this year's edition of the tournament. These are four clubs from Division 1: St. Patrick, Xghajra Tornadoes, St. Andrews and hosts Mosta together with Malta Under 18 national team. In the first match, Malta Under 18 beat St. Andrews 1-0
- Hamrun Spartans Tournament Naxxar L. vs Zebbug R. 2-0
- Under 21 National Coach Ray 'Zazu' Farrugia named the squad for Saturday's match against Croatia. The players are: Darmanin, Galea, Licari (Pietà); Camilleri, Camenzuli, Holland (Floriana); Mamo (Tarxien); Dimech, Grima, Bonnici, Sammut, Mifsud, Debono (Sliema); Azzopardi, Giglio (Valletta); Scicluna (St. Patrick); Xuereb, Ciantar (Hibernians) and Galea (Birkirkara).
- Birkirkara asked Yugoslav coach Vlado Pejovic to assume full responsibility for the team's heavy defeat to Lyngby last week. The Board of Directors sent a letter demanding a full explanation over what happened in Denmark and over the unimpressive performance of the team in the Lowenbrau Cup. It is understood that the players are not happy with the way Pejovic is dealing in the current situation.
- Hibernians Tournament Hibernians vs Marsa 3-0, Valletta vs Rabat A. 3-0
- Valletta defender Edward Azzopardi was suspended for three matches by UEFA after being sent off in the the second leg against Rapid Wien.
- The Centenary Stadium, the new Lm600,000 facility marking the 100th anniversary of the Malta Football Association was inaugurated today. This new stadium, situated just in front of the National Stadium at Ta' Qali, will be hosting Division 2 and Division 3 matches and matches from the Premier Division Under 21 League. MFA President Dr Joe Mifsud delivered a speech during which he announced that the new project regarding the East Stand of the National Stadium will start on the 13th September where the stand will be pulled down. The project should be finalised by December 2000. In the first match played on this new pitch a selection of Division 2 players beat another from Division 3 with goals by Oscar Magri, Mark Buttigieg and Daniel Piccinino.
- UEFA Cup - Qualifying Round Lyngby FC (DEN) vs Birkirkara FC 7-0, Sliema W. vs FC Zurich (SWI) 0-3
- National coach Josif Ilic chose a 19-man squad for the EURO 2000 qualifier between Malta and Croatia in Zagreb on the 21st August. Missing from the squad are players like John Buttigieg and Jeffrey Chetcuti. The players are: Barry, Busuttil, Camilleri (Sliema); Muscat, Carabott, Vella, Sultana (Hibs), Bencini, Spiteri, Brincat, Cutajar, Nwoko (Birkirkara); Debono, Saliba, Agius (Valletta); Said, Buhagiar (Floriana); Okonkwo (Naxxar) and Mifsud (Rabat).
- Hibernians Tournament Marsa vs Rabat A. 4-3, Hibernians vs Valletta 3-0
- Hibernians Tournament Valletta vs Marsa 2-2, Hibernians vs Rabat A. 5-2
- The Birkirkara squad leaves Malta today to Denmark where next Thursday the Stripes will be facing Lyngby in the Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup. Included in the squad are their latest signing, Drasko Braunovic and Justin Tellus, who will join Valletta.
- Lowenbrau Cup Floriana vs Sliema W. 1-2 -- Sliema win Lowenbrau Cup.
- As from this season, more than half the Division One fixtures will be played on Sunday mornings. In past, the then Division 2 football was quite popular when it was played on Saturday and Sunday mornings as supporters could go and watch these matches without missing the more important matches of Division 1.
- The Carlsberg 2000 Hibernians Tournament will be held between the 9th and 14th August at the Hibernians Ground Corradino. Four teams will be taking part in the tournament: Valletta, Rabat Ajax, Marsa and hosts Hibernians.
- Lowenbrau Cup Sliema W. vs Birkirkara 0-0
- Champions League - Second Qualifying Round Valletta vs SK Rapid Wien (AUT) 0-2
- Lowenbrau Cup Birkirkara vs Floriana 1-1