- Gozo - Division 1 Xaghra U. vs SK Victoria W. 1-2, Zebbug R. vs Nadur Y. 0-0
- Winter International Youth (U/17) Tournament - Israel Israel vs Malta 1-0
- Winter International Youth (U/17) Tournament - Israel Yugoslavia vs Malta 4-0
- Winter International Youth (U/17) Tournament - Israel Hungary vs Malta 3-0
- Three players were suspended by the MFA Disciplinary Commissioner after being sent off in the first round of the Rothmans Trophy. Neil Camilleri of Zurrieq was suspended for one match while Rodney Camilleri and Michael Micallef both of Rabat Ajax were suspended for two.
- Noel Farrugia resigned from his post as Rabat Ajax president. His letter of resignation will be discussed by the committee in the next meeting which will be held on the 3rd January.
- The ban on Birkirkara to negotiate any transfer of players is expected to be lifted after that they reached an agreement with Vlado Pejovic regarding the payment of over Lm12,000 they owe him.
- Super 5 Competition Hibernians vs Valletta 5-6 (penalties), Sliema W. vs Birkirkara 3-2
- Rothmans Trophy Lija A. vs Zurrieq 1-0, Floriana vs Gzira U. 2-0, Rabat A. vs Mosta 6-4 (penalties), Marsa vs Gozo FC 0-3
- Division 2 Dingli S. vs Sta. Lucia 4-1, Sta. Venera L. vs Pembroke A. 1-0
- Division 3 Mgarr U. vs Msida SJ 1-3, Gudja U. vs San Gwann 1-1
- Gozo - Millennium Cup Victoria H. vs Zebbug R. 2-1 (golden goal)
- Malta's Under 17 national side will be taking part in the 25th edition of the Winter International Youth Tournament which is held annually in Israel. Six countries are taking part namely Belgium, Hungary, Israel, Malta, Russia and Yugoslavia. The Maltese squad is under the guide of Youth Development Officer Velimir Sargic and coach Leonard Farrugia.
- Sliema Wanderers are in deep trouble following the resignation of the bulk of the committee members. In fact the club is currently managed by president Robert Arrigo and just another two officials. The reason behind the resignation is that these members are not happy with the way, Arrigo is handling club matters, especially after that he has taken some decisions without the approval of the other members.
- FIFA ordered Sliema Wanderers to pay 50,000 US Dollars (around Lm19,000) to Torpedo Moscow after the signing of Augustine Eguavon, first as a player-coach and now, only as a coach. They have to pay this amount by January 15th and if they fail to do so, the case will be discussed by the FIFA Disciplinary Board which could order the relegation to a lower division if they are found guilty.
- There have been some changes in fixtures due to the friendly match which Malta will be playing in Ta' Qali on the 20th January against Qatar. The Premier League matches (Naxxar-Sliema & Zurrieq-Valletta) which were due to be played on the 22nd have been postponed to the 23rd while the Division 1 matches (St.Patrick-Gzira & Tarxien-Hamrun) which were due to be played on the 23rd have been anticipated by one day.
- The MFA Council approved three amendments to the regulations regarding the issue of licenses to all MFA clubs. It was decided that the clubs' turn-over will not be considered for the issue of a license. Melita AFC will not be obliged to register non-amateur players so that the club may retain the amateur status it held since its foundation while the Gozo FA should have 75% of its Premier clubs who take part in the U/21, U/18 and U/16 leagues in order that Gozo FC is issued a license.
- Former Hungary coach Dr Gyorgy Mezey has been formally offered a two-year contract as technincal director of the Malta Football Association. Mezey led the Hungarian national team for two spells in the 1980s and then he also led Kuwait's national team.
- Malta moved four places from the 120th to the 116th place in the FIFA World Ranking published today. Over the past year, Malta's ranking improved by 14 places since Malta was ranked 130th in December 1998.
- Pietà defender Jesmond Delia was voted Player of the Month for November 1999.
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended nine Premier League players for one match. These are Drasko Braunovic (Birkirkara), Todor Zaytzev (Floriana), Velibor Matanovic (Gozo), Cristiano Bergodi (Sliema), Nikolai Kirilov and Franco Francalanza (Zurrieq), Matthew Calascione and Carmel Spiteri (Naxxar) and Stefan Giglio (Valletta).
- Premier League Floriana vs Sliema W. 1-0, Birkirkara vs Hibernians 2-0
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended two players, Michael Spiteri (Birkirkara) and Martin Deanov (Pietà) for one match.
- According to a list of friendly matches published by the FIFA Media Office, a friendly match will be played between Malta and England on the 3rd June at the National Stadium, Ta' Qali. This friendly match will be forming part of the MFA's hundredth anniversary celebrations.
- Premier League Valletta vs Gozo 1-0, Naxxar L. vs Zurrieq 3-0
- Division 1 Tarxien R. vs St. Patrick 1-0, Gzira U. vs Mosta 1-0
- Division 2 Melita vs Ghaxaq 1-0, St. George's vs Siggiewi 0-2
- Division 3 Gharghur vs Balzan Y. 0-7, Vittoriosa S. vs Fgura U. 3-1
- Gozo - Millennium Cup Victoria H. vs Gharb R. 1-0, Zebbug R. vs Xewkija T. 2-0
- Premier League Pietà H. vs Birkirkara 0-1, Hibernians vs Sliema W. 1-1
- Division 3 Birzebbuga SP vs Ta' Xbiex 4-1, Zejtun C. vs Senglea A. 3-3
- Gozo - Division 2 St. Lawrence S. vs Kercem A. 0-1, Qala SJ vs Munxar F. 2-2
- Friendly Match Malta vs Lebanon 1-0. The match was abandoned in the 86th minute after that both sets of players started fighting following an accident between Mohammed Halawi and Antoine Zahra in which the Lebanese defender punched Zahra in the face. The situation was beyond control as the police had to intervene to calm down both sets of players and officials.
- Gozo FC midfielder Djebriel Sylla was suspended for one match by the MFA Disciplinary Commissioner. in the mean time, Attard captain Colin Ciantar was suspended for one year. Five other players and officials were suspended following accidents which took place in the Division 2 match between Qormi and Attard which Qormi won 1-0 with a goal in the 96th.
- According to MFA President Dr Joe Mifsud, the reconstruction of the East Stand is being considered as one of the greatest projects on which the MFA embarked so far. Works on the new stand which will be called Millennium Stand will start in February and its first phase of the project will be completed by December 2000. The MFA will be spending around Lm2 million to complete the first phase. The Millennium Stand will have have several facilities and will be able to host 5,200 spectators, 500 more than before.
- The Premier League matches, Floriana vs Sliema W., Birkirkara vs Hibernians, which were postponed last Sunday are now scheduled for the 21st December.
- Premier League Gozo vs Rabat A. 1-2
- Division 1 St. Andrews vs Hamrun S. 0-1, Marsa vs Xghajra T. 0-1
- Division 2 Attard vs Qormi 0-1, Marsaxlokk vs Mellieha 1-1
- Division 3 Kirkop U. vs San Gwann 0-1, Sirens vs Luqa SA 1-2
- Gozo - Division 2 St. Lawrence S. vs Munxar F. 6-1, Qala SJ vs Kercem A. 1-1
- Premier League Floriana vs Sliema W. and Birkirkara vs Hibernians postponed
- Division 1 St. Andrews vs Hamrun S. and Marsa vs Xghajra T. postponed
- Division 2 Pembroke A. vs St. George's 1-5, Mqabba vs Dingli S. 2-1
- Division 3 Fgura U. vs Mgarr U. 2-0, Msida SJ vs Gudja U. 1-0
- Women's First Division Raiders vs Hibernians and Mellieha vs Mosta postponed
- Gozo - Republic Cup Nadur Y. Xewkija T. postponed
- Premier League Zurrieq vs Pietà H. 1-4, Valletta vs Naxxar L. 3-0
- Division 3 Senglea A. vs Gharghur 1-2, Balzan Y. vs Vittoriosa S. 2-0
- Gozo - Division 2 Gharb R. vs Oratory Y. 3-1
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended these players: Michael Woods (Naxxar) - two matches, Zoran Antic (Sliema), Angel Terzyski (Gozo), Chris Ohok (Naxar) and Rodney Camilleri (Rabat) for one match each.
- Division 1 Zebbug R. vs Lija A. 1-2
- National coach Josif Ilic named the squad for next Wednesday's friendly match against Lebanon. However the squad will be reduced to 18 players later on. The players are: Barry, Busuttil (Sliema), Darmanin (Pietà); Muscat, Vella, Carabott, Ciantar (Hibs); Azzopardi, Buttigieg, Chetcuti, Debono, Theuma, Giglio, Agius, Veselji (Valletta); Okonkwo (Naxxar); Brincat, Zahra, Nwoko (Birkirkara); Holland (Floriana).
- Premier League Floriana vs Gozo 1-0
- Premier League Naxxar L. vs Rabat A. 2-3
- Division 1 Mosta vs Tarxien R. 0-3, Zebbug R. vs Lija A. postponed
- Division 2 Siggiewi vs Melita 0-1, Sta. Lucia vs Sta. Venera L. 1-3
- Division 3 Luqa SA vs Birzebbuga SP 1-0, Ta' Xbiex vs Zejtun C. 0-1
- Gozo - Millennium Cup Zebbug R. vs Nadur Y. 4-3, Xaghra U. vs Gharb R. 1-2 (golden goal), Xewkija T. vs Ghajnsielem 1-0 (golden goal)
- Malta was drawn in Group 3 of the European qualifying round of the World Cup 2002. Malta was drawn in a group of six teams with very strong countries such as the Czech Republic, Denmark and Bulgaria. Iceland and Northern Ireland are the other two teams.
- Division 1 St. Patrick vs St. Andrews, Xghajra T. vs Gzira U.
- Floriana FC made a formal request to the MFA to change the venue of their Premier League match. The match was scheduled to be played at the Centenary Stadium on Thursday 9th but they are ready to play it at the home-ground of Gozo FC, Gozo Stadium on Wednesday 8th. The main reason seems to be that of the pitch since they would like to avoid playing on an artificial pitch on which they suffered an embarrassing 0-3 defeat to Naxxar.
- Premier League Hibernians vs Zurrieq 1-2, Pietà H. vs Valletta 2-5
- Division 1 St. Patrick vs St. Andrews and Xghajra T. vs Gzira U. postponed
- Division 2 Ghaxaq vs Marsaxlokk 0-2, Mellieha vs Qormi 1-1
- Division 3 Gudja U. vs Kirkop U. 1-2, San Gwann vs Sirens 1-1
- Women's First Division Melita vs Racoons 5-0, Floriana vs Birkirkara 0-3
- Gozo - Millennium Cup Sannat L. vs Ghajnsielem 0-1, SK Victoria W. vs Victoria H. 0-1
- The MFA announced new changes in fixtures: Naxxar-Rabat will be played on the 8th December, Floriana-Gozo on the 9th while Gozo-Rabat on the 13th.
- Premier League Rabat A. vs Floriana 1-4, Sliema W. vs Birkirkara 0-1
- Division 3 Mgarr U. vs Balzan Y. 1-3, Msida SJ vs Fgura U. 1-1
- Gozo - Millennium Cup Zebbug R. vs Oratory Y. 1-0 (golden goal), Kercem A. vs Gharb R. 2-2 (4-5 pen)
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended Digger Ifeyani Okonkwo of Naxxar for one match.
- Division 1 Hamrun S. vs Zebbug R. 1-0, Lija A. vs Marsa 2-1
- The Premier League matches, Gozo-Floriana and Naxxar-Rabat are now scheduled for Thursday 9th December after being postponed last Sunday. The match between Gozo FC and Rabat A., which was due to be played on the 8th
December has now been postponed.
- Premier League Naxxar L. vs Gozo FC 0-0
- The MFA Disciplinary Commissioner suspended Valletta defender John Buttigieg for one match.